Join Our Staff
Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte is seeking a part time Box Office and Front of House Manager. This role requires approximately 20 hours a week. A love of live theatre and strong customer service skills required. Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Altru software preferred. General duties include, but are not limited to:
Front-of-House and Box Office Management during performances:
- Required to be available and present in the box office 1.5 hours before each performance until the end of the show (the last patron and/or usher has left and all nightly duties have been completed). Approx total time per performance: 4-4.5 hours)
- Printing of programs and tickets for each performance
- Opening and Closing the Box Office and Front-of-House for each performance
- Coordinating the nightly volunteer ushers
- Patron communication regarding performances (Parking and Directions reminders, etc)
- Manage concessions and incoming donations
- Complete nightly sales reports and deposits
- Schedule, train, and recruit volunteer Ushers.
- Ensure all ushers are following through with their designated responsibilities
- Booking Flex Pass reservation, including reschedules and refunds
- Book Single Ticket sales, including reschedules and refunds
- Pull Sales reports as needed
Phone / Email:
- Answer incoming calls to the theatre during Box Office hours: Monday-Friday from 1pm-5pm, and 1 hour prior to each performance. If calls cannot be answered, return all calls in a timely manner (within 1 business day).
- Answer/delegate incoming emails to the email@example.com email address.
- Provide excellent customer service and responses to all inquiries.
- OTHER: Replenish concessions supply as needed (approx once per show run)
This role has the potential to partially work remotely during non-show weeks. Adequate personal phone and computer will be necessary for remote work. Reliable transportation will be required for performances and concessions runs.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position. Pay rate will be $14/hour. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ATC Box Office Manager.” No phone calls, please.
ATC Hiring Policy
While we recognize that there can be no interference with the artistic integrity or contractual rights of the author, we commit ourselves to equality. It is the policy of Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte to provide opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. ATC endorses the goals of equality, diversity, inclusion, and the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.
Directed by Ann Marie Costa
Rehearsals: March 29- April 22, 2020
Performances: April 23-May 16, 2020
Full announcement and appointment scheduling coming soon.
Join Our Audition and Class Email List
Submit your information to be notified when new auditions and classes become available: