JOB OPENING: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Overall Description: Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte (ATC) in Charlotte, NC seeks an experienced full-time Technical Director. Working under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Technical Director is responsible for ensuring that the best possible product goes on stage through implementing all scenic technical requirements within the pre-established budget parameters. The Technical Director is also responsible for the management of the ATC scene shop. Opportunities exist for set/scenic design.
Qualifications: A skilled carpenter with strong management, supervisory, and communication skills. Ability to analyze and interpret designs and drafts. Must be able to manage active scene shop including budgeting, bidding, administrative duties, and labor/time estimates. Valid driver’s license, able to drive 25’ truck. Comfortability with heights (e.g. ladders, suspended grids, catwalks, etc.) Understanding of all aspects involved in technical theatre, including lighting, rigging, and sound is necessary. Knowledge of scenic painting, video projection, electronics, welding, hydraulics and automation/motor controls a plus. Substantial knowledge of safe scenic construction, rigging, and crew management. Flexibility in schedule to work days, nights and weekends, as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the scene shop, and oversee all aspects of set and large properties construction and fabrication for ATC shows and clients.
- Safely execute basic carpentry and scenic elements, both alone or with a team.
- Procure materials and supplies, as well as maintain all vendor relationships.
- File all necessary invoices and receipts in a timely manner.
- Attend technical rehearsals and production meetings as needed and tend to all resulting notes in a timely fashion.
- Manage and coordinate the hiring and scheduling of any volunteers, interns, and overhire with the Production Manager.
- Assist with facility needs and relay necessary information to the landlord.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others. TEAM PLAYER! WOOT!
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. The range of benefits includes medical insurance, vacation pay, paid sick leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements addressing your specific skills related to this position to Production Manager Carrie Cranford at email@example.com. It is the policy of Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte to provide opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. ATC endorses the goals of equity, diversity, inclusion and the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.
ATC Hiring Policy
It is the policy of Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte to provide opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. ATC endorses the goals of equity, diversity, inclusion and the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.