DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing to join the team in its 33rd Season. The mission of Actor’s Theatre is to present, in an intimate environment, bold and innovative new works by contemporary playwrights who share our respect for language and humanity. Our philosophy and goal continues to be the presentation of regional premieres of thought-provoking, challenging and entertaining contemporary plays.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Marketing also collaborates with the Producing Artistic Director and full-time staff to develop and execute the overall marketing plan and annual strategy, as well as support the company’s artistic vision for a broad and inclusive audience.
The ideal candidate will serve as the point of contact and liaison for all marketing and public relations activities, as well as have the ability to lead the use of digital media to drive revenue. The candidate will also be a team player with a strong anti racist perspective and be a strategic, flexible, positive, and curious thinker responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring a successful and comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations strategy.
This position has the potential to work partially-remotely. The candidate will need some availability to work evenings and weekends in-person as necessary throughout the year. The Director of Marketing is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation is $40,000/annually, with health benefits and generous PTO.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the marketing vision, strategy and plan to support and promote the overall theater image driving a cohesive approach
- Define and maintain company identity and all creative materials.
- Execute on all marketing plan deliverables including but not limited to; schedule of announcements, e-blasts, digital programs/content, flyers, posters, postcards, mailers, etc.
- Oversee all visual marketing including graphic design work, posters and other collateral
- Responsible for playbill layout and ticketing design for print at home options,
- Build out promo video and generate creative, impactful ideas
- Craft press releases for full seasons, individual shows and all major announcements
- Serve as media contact – coordinate interview requests, deliver B Role to media outlets, negotiate advertising trades with related publications
- Manage online presence including, theater website to be updated accordingly and in collaboration with respective SMEs. This includes updates, announcements, education, rain cancelations, etc.
- Provide proof-reading and other support for others as needed
- Assist in extracting mailing lists (and other data) from various systems as requested
- Together with full-time staff, represent and align the company with professional organizations who share ATC’s commitment to to a more diverse and inclusive community
Social Media Management
- Serve as the voice of the theater on all social media platforms; IG, FB, Twitter, TikTok, etc.
- Develop content and leverage Sprout Social to plan all content and posts
- Follow up with post comments and share related content from posts
- Plan and facilitate all ticket giveaways, promotions via social media
Data and Analytics
- Responsible for the capturing, reporting, and analyses of all audience engagement related information for the staff and respective Board committees. Includes leveraging data from ticketing system, social media platforms, etc.
- Experience: 2-5 years of Marketing experience. Demonstrates successful interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, presentation/marketing/public relations skills and media relations preferred.
- Technical Experience: Computer proficiency as well as multiple social media platforms. Software experience in Wordpress, Spektrix, Sprout Social, Dot Digital, MailChimp, Adobe Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Publisher, and Acrobat preferred but not required.
- Scope of Job: Performs work under minimal supervision. Performs work on complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and depth within area of expertise. Demonstrates technical knowledge with general concepts. Combines ideas in unique ways and explores different perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions.
- Demonstrate alignment with the mission/vision and values of the theater.
- Must be self-directed/motivated with a great ability to collaborate with a diverse and high performing
- Effective communication skills to work across departments as well as with outside vendors and partners
- Work to be anti-racist as the main voice of the theater in the community and an advocate for ATC’s commitment to all diversity-driven initiatives
- Must be organized, have the ability to prioritize, with a great attention to detail
- Ability to ask for help when needed
- Requires prolonged sitting and/or standing
- Requires frequent use of the computer
- May push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 lbs
- Requires regular and predictable attendance
How to Apply
Applicants should email a brief cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Director job opening.”
ATC Hiring Policy
It is the policy of Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte to provide opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. ATC endorses the goals of equity, diversity, inclusion and the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.