NOW HIRING: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte is currently seeking a full-time Development Director to join our staff for our 34th Season beginning July 1st.
The mission of Actor’s Theatre is to present, in an intimate environment, bold and innovative new works by contemporary playwrights who share our respect for language and humanity. Our philosophy and goal continues to be the presentation of regional premieres of thought-provoking, challenging and entertaining contemporary plays.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development in collaboration with artistic staff, will develop and execute a comprehensive development plan, to support the company’s artistic vision and goals for a broad and inclusive audience.
The Development Director will serve as the point of contact for individual donors, and act as liaison for all fundraising and sponsorship activities to drive contributed revenue to meet budgeted financial goals. They are a team player with a strong anti-racist perspective. They are a strategic, flexible, positive, and curious thinker responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring a successful and comprehensive fundraising and development strategy.
The Director of Development is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation is $45,000/annually, with health benefits and generous PTO. Majority of time spent should be in-office or networking with donors, but there is some flexibility for working remotely. Some nights and weekends required.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Support ATC’s continued success through a commitment to its mission to produce new and contemporary works for Charlotte-area audiences.
- Be an inspiring professional, articulate, enthusiastic, and informed ambassador of ATC.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with Board members, ATC colleagues, and donors at all times .
- Represent ATC at community meetings and events, when appropriate.
- Development Responsibilities
- Generate $200,000 in contributed and sponsorship income annually to ATC’s $800k operating budget.
- Create and execute an annual Development Plan, for individuals, sponsors, in-kind partners, and foundations from identification through stewardship including: donor relations and acknowledgements, grant writing, direct mail appeals, special and VIP events, sponsor acquisition and fulfillment, point of sale, digital, and in-person solicitations.
- Plan, execute, and manage one primary fundraising event in coordination with Board volunteers.
- Keep meticulous donor profiles and track donor communications and meetings in Spektrix (ATC’s ticketing and donor database) to support the moves management process and ensure institutional memory of donor relationships.
- Work with and aid the Board on methodologies, resources, and tools for the Board’s own fundraising efforts including primary staffing for monthly Board development committee
- Other duties as assigned. May include assisting answering the box office phone line, selling tickets, greeting patrons, giving a pre-show curtain speech.
- Experience: 2-5 years of Development and Fundraising experience. Demonstrates strong interpersonal, verbal and written and phone communication skills.
- Technical Experience: Computer proficiency required. Software experience in Trello, Spektrix, Dot Digital, and Canva preferred but not required.
- Scope of Job: Performs work under minimal supervision. Performs work on complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and depth within area of expertise. Combines ideas in unique ways and explores different perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions.
- An understanding of and passion for live theatre and the performing arts.
- Must be self-directed/motivated with a strong ability to collaborate with a diverse team
- Work to be anti-racist and be fully committed to all diversity initiatives
- Must be organized, have the ability to prioritize, with a great attention to detail
- Requires prolonged sitting and/or standing
- Requires frequent use of the computer
- May push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 lbs
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references in Word or PDF formats to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line.
ATC Hiring Policy
It is the policy of Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte to provide opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. ATC endorses the goals of equity, diversity, inclusion and the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.