Now accepting submissions for the following shows:
GHOSTS OF BOGOTÁ
By Diana Burbano
Casting 7 performers
Rehearsals begin January 24, 2022
Run dates February 17 – March 12, 2022
Things to know before submitting
- All performers must present proof of full vaccination by uploading a photo of their vaccination card to the submission form. Boosters recommended, but not required. ATC will continue to monitor COVID-19 and adhere to safe practices as we see fit.
- Rehearsals will take place weeknights (typically 6pm-10pm) and weekends (times vary) at the Hadley Theatre, located at 2211 Wellesley Ave.
- Please be aware that Actor’s Theatre does NOT currently have housing available for out of town performers.
- All actors will be paid a rate of $200/wk,
- Casting Non-equity ONLY.
- Performers must be 18+.
- Content warnings: sexual trauma, child sexual abuse, incest, family secrets, immigration and immigrant experiences.
- Performers of all races, ethnicities, bodies, and abilities are encouraged to apply. Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte endorses the goals of diversity, inclusion, and the principles of equal opportunity for all who work in the theatre industry.
- All submissions must be received by 5pm on Wed, December 15, 2021.
How to Submit
Step 1: Prepare a Video(s).
Please choose at least 1 of the monologues located HERE.
(You may submit all 4 if you like!) Do not allow age, gender, or other character specifics to limit which monologue you choose to submit. This is about seeing you deliver your best reading with the playwright’s words. You may let us know your character preferences on the submission form. (If asked to attend a callback, you may then have an opportunity to read for your specific preference.)
Step 2: Fill out the audition form
You must complete the audition form found here: ATC Audition:GHOSTS OF BOGOTÁ
Once you fill out the form, you will have the freedom to edit your answers, as well as load more videos.
Step 3: Attach resume and video submission(s) to the audition form
In order to do this, you must be signed into a Google account. If you have any questions, or are unable to upload the appropriate files, please send all info via email to Production Manager Carrie Cranford at firstname.lastname@example.org All submissions must be received by 5pm Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
(Pronouns for each character are included. All actors are encouraged to audition for any role which they feel they can accurately embody.)
Casting 7 performers over age 18.
All roles compensated.
No housing available.
The play takes place in Bogotá, Colombia as seen through the eyes of three Uber-Americanized Colombian siblings. Play uses both Spanish and English. Sandy is pretty bilingual, Lola less so. Nena, Saúl and Teresa should be played by bilingual actors.
Lola: (She/Her) Late 30’s. Latina. Some bilingual. Eldest sibling. Dramatic, overbearing. Successful TV showrunner. Not into sympathy.
Sandy: (She/Her) 30’s. Latina. Moderate bilingual. Middle sibling. No nonsense, practical, brutally honest, but has a very squishy center.
Bruno: (He/Him/They) 20’s. Latinx. Light Spanish. The baby. Hip. American born. Likes their pleasures.
Nena: (She/Her) Any age (over 18). Latina. Bilingual. Their grandmother’s ghost. Funny, Bubbly. Doubles Teresa.
Teresa: (She/Her) Late teens (over 18). Latina. Bilingual. The young woman who cared for their dead grandfather. Smart. Manipulative.
Jesus: (She/He/They) Any age (over 18). Non-white. English speaking. A creepy Jesus head in a jar. A puppet, or a disembodied voice or ???
Saúl: (He/Him) Any age (over 18). Latino. Bilingual. Their grandfather’s ghost. Very, very charming.
ATC Hiring Policy
To best demonstrate our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, we encourage all actors to audition for any role they feel that they can fully embody. While we recognize that there can be no interference with the artistic integrity or contractual rights of the author, we commit ourselves to the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.
Join Our Audition and Class Email List
Submit your information to be notified when new auditions and classes become available: