Now accepting submissions for the following musicals:
Richard O’Brien’s THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
By Richard O’Brien
Musical Director TBA
Casting 13 performers
Rehearsals begin September 13, 2021
Run dates October 6 – 31, 2021
Things to know before submitting
- All productions will be performed on an outdoor stage with social distancing (both for performers and patrons).
- Rehearsals will take place weeknights (typically 6pm-10pm) and weekends (times vary) at the Hadley Theatre, located at 2211 Wellesley Ave or at The Barn at MoRA, located at 3800 Monroe Rd.
- Performances will take place outdoors at The Barn at MoRA, located at 8300 Monroe Rd. Visit our website to see full production schedule: atcharlotte.org/season-33/
- Please be aware that Actor’s Theatre does NOT currently have housing available for out of town performers.
- All actors will be paid a rate of $200/wk
- Performers of all races, ethnicities, sizes, and abilities are encouraged to apply! Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte endorses the goals of diversity, inclusion, and the principles of equal opportunity for all who work in the theatre industry. Moving into Season 33, we embrace Identity-Conscious casting, giving notable reverence to the race, ethnicity, and gender identity of performers.
How to Submit
Step 1: Prepare a Video(s).
All auditions must be submitted via video. Please record at least 1 musical number below from EACH production for which you wish to be considered. (Yes, you can submit multiple songs if you like!) These video auditions for each show may be submitted as individual files or as one continuous audition.
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW audition options (pick at least one):
Step 2: Fill out the audition form
You must complete the audition form found here: ATC Auditions 2021
Once you fill out the form, you will have the freedom to edit your answers, as well as load more videos. Please note, you cannot delete videos once uploaded.
Step 3: Attach resume and video submission(s) to the audition form
In order to do this, you must be signed into a Google account. If you have any questions, or are unable to upload the appropriate files, please send all info via email to Production Manager Carrie Cranford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles Available by Production
(Pronoun preferences for each character are included. All actors are encouraged to audition for any role which they feel they can accurately embody.)
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
Casting 13 performers over age 18.
Narrator: Old fart. Vocal audition not required, but please do submit via form above.
Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter: (He/She/They) 20s-50s. Charismatic scientist who delights in lurid sexuality. Casting preference for Genderqueer performer. Baritone/Tenor.
Brad Majors: (He/Him) 20s-30s. Youthful wholesome man who expands his horizons. Tenor.
Janet Weiss: (She/Her) 20s-30s. Youthful shy woman who finds her kinks. Mezzo with belt.
Riff Raff: (He/She/They) 20s-40s. Strange and Mysterious. Strong rock Tenor.
Magenta: (He/She/They) 20s-40s. Strange and Mysterious. Mezzo-Alto.
Columbia: (She/They) 20s-40s. Colorful and bubbly. Tap dancing required.
Rocky: (He/Him) 20s-30s. “The Perfect Man” created by Frank. Rock Baritone/Tenor.
Eddie/Dr. Scott: (He/She/They) 20s-40s. Performer is both Eddie the motorcycle rocker and Dr. Scott the German professor. Strong rock tenor.
Phantoms (4): Four ensemble members who guide the audience through the experience.
WE CAN’T WAIT TO ROCK THE BARN WITH YOU! WE’RE SHIVERING WITH ANTICI…
Join Our Audition and Class Email List
Submit your information to be notified when new auditions and classes become available:
ATC Hiring Policy
To best demonstrate our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, we encourage all actors to audition for any role they feel that they can fully embody. While we recognize that there can be no interference with the artistic integrity or contractual rights of the author, we commit ourselves to the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.